Happy Nawnie updates in your email!

Subscribe

* indicates required

Monday, June 6, 2022



2022 WV RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL — Lewisburg, West Virginia


As Jim and I ate breakfast that morning I told him about my prepared option list of hikes to see waterfalls and overlooks with Google maps to decide our route. There was something else that peaked our interest really close by, a RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL! 

Singing group waiting to get on stage
I did some research and found out that it would be a one-of-a-kind experience that only happens a few weekends a year. We enjoy a good cinema production in Middle Earth with mystical creatures. If there are dragons, even better. If I happen to be playing a role playing game, I always choose an Elf. It has been that way since High School. (dear parental units, don’t think to much about that. I’m sure it was against the rules to play such games.)

There are a few reasons for always choosing the Elf clan. They are short, like me. They have pointy ears. I have always felt like I have had big ears. That issue is not getting any better, in fact. I actually have a condition where the cartilage of my ears keep getting stiffer and growing unevenly larger in random areas. Sometimes they shrink back down, sometimes not. I keep thinking there will be a time when I will need to grow my hair out to cover these weird ears of mine. Lastly, I always pick Elf because they are supposed to be beautiful, wise, skilled fighters, and they typically seek justice. Now that you got a full dose of MEGA NERD MEGAN, I will move on.

Archery and Horseback stunts

At the fair, there were many acts, musicians, and talented vendors. 

We saw these three young woman do horseback stunts and archery. The Nuns and the Chicken People was a Comedy show. The Nuns were funny and clean, the Chicken People were not funny.
Boom Boom Shake and Belly Dancers


The two man band, Boom Boom Shake, was one of Jim’s favorite. He said he really liked their music. After the show, he bought their CD download card and added a little tip. I have a sneaking suspicion that it wasn’t just the music he enjoyed, but also the belly dancing. Especially since he told me that maybe I should look into belly dancing, you know, for fitness. HA!!! That’s a

man for ya! ;)
A new headband for the occasion!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CAMPING in TURKEY RUN STATE PARK —  Marshall, Indiana The campground at Turkey Run State Park is pretty nice. Especially if you don't ca...